Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Quality Assurance of Essential Drugs
Director / Head:
Ms. Sooksri Ungboriboonpisal
Ms. Nidapan Ruangrittinon
Department of Medical Sciences, Bureau of Drug and Narcotic
Ministry of Public Health
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To verify new test methods in the development and review of specification of drug monograph with the focus on essential medicines in the International Pharmacopoeia.
- 2. To perform drug quality control testing of Medicines from SEAR Member countries and other countries in Mekong Region
- 3. To train through WHO training programs, the staff from national Drug Regulatory Authority in the South East Asia region.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Standardization of terminology and nomenclature
WHO organization wide expected result:
11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
HOLLOWAY Kathleen Anne
+91 11 43040314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork