Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Quality Assurance of Essential Drugs
Director / Head:
Mrs Witinee Kongsuk
Department of Medical Sciences, Bureau of Drug and Narcotic
Ministry of Public Health
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Verification of new test methods in the development and review of monographs on essential medicines for The International Pharmacopoeia.
- 2. Performance of drug quality control testing of medicines from SEAR Member countries and other countries in Mekong Region.
- 3. Performance of the production of reference standard for utilization within SEAR member countries and participation in the establishment of International Chemical Reference Standards (ICRS).
- 4. Training (through WHO training programs) of staff from national Drug Regulatory Authorities in the SEAR and WPRO Member countries.
- 5. Support of the WHO External Quality Assurance Assessment Scheme (EQAAS) for pharmaceutical quality control laboratories of SEAR and other member countries by performing feasibility studies on specific tests or measurements.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Standardization of terminology and nomenclature
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
HOLLOWAY Kathleen Anne
+91 11 43040314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork