Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Drug Dependence
Director / Head:
Dr. Usaneya PERNGPARN
Drug Dependence Research Centre, Institute of Health Research
Chula Soi 62, Phyathai Road
(662) 252 5946
(662) 255 2177
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Conduct research on alcohol and psychoactive substance abuse in community in Thailand, including HIV/AIDS.
- Develop evidence-based strategies, including educational material, for the prevention of harm from alcohol and psychoactive substance abuse, including treatment strategies, in Thailand.
- Surveillance and monitoring of health and social consequences of alcohol and psychoactive substance abuse in the community, including HIV/AIDS, in Thailand.
- Training and capacity building at all levels, in Thailand and other Member States of South-East Asia for the prevention of harm from alcohol and psychoactive substance abuse, inlcuding HIV/AIDS.
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
Ower: 6.4 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with alcohol, drugs and other psychoactive substance use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
POZNYAK Vladimir B.
+41 22 791 4307
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork