Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research in Human Reproduction
Director / Head:
Prof. Sompop LIMPONGSANURAK
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Chulalongkorn Hospital & Medical School
Rama IV Road
(66-2) 256 4288 / 251 9933
(66-2) 251 9933
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To conduct collaborative research with WHO, specifically with the Special Programme of Research, Development & Research Training in Human.
- To conduct research capacity-building activities in the area of reproductive health aimed at national and non-national participants in line with WHO/RHR’s vision for this area.
- To support the introduction into national programmes WHO guidance related to reproductive health and facilitate the formulation and implementation of national reproductive health policies based on scientific research.
- To organize training programmes in the area of reproductive health for health personnel, scientists, researchers locally & internationally.
- To provide temporary advisers to the Special Programme of Research, Development & Research Training in Human Reproduction & to other national & international organizations in the network of Collaborating Centre for Research in Human Reproduction.
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Provision of reference substances and other services
- Training and education
Ower: 4.2 - National research capacity strengthened as necessary and new evidence, products, technologies, interventions and delivery approaches of global and/or national relevance available to improve maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, to promote active and healthy ageing, and to improve sexual and reproductive health.
Ower: 4.7 - Guidelines, approaches and tools made available, with provision of technical support to Member States for accelerated action towards implementing the strategy to accelerate progress towards the attainment of international development goals and targets related to reproductive health, with particular emphasis on ensuring equitable access to good-quality sexual and reproductive health services, particularly in areas of unmet need, and with respect for human rights as they relate to sexual and reproductive health.
GULMEZOGLU Ahmet Metin
+41 22 79 13417
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork