Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research in Human Reproduction
Director / Head:
Prof. Sompop LIMPONGSANURAK
Dr Unnop Jaisamrarn
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Chulalongkorn Hospital & Medical School
Rama IV Road
(66-2) 256 4288 / 251 9933
(66-2) 251 9933
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Participate in collaborative research with the WHO Special Programme of Research, Development & Research Training in Human Reproduction.
- Regional and national research capacity-building in reproductive health in line with WHO/RHR’s vision.
- Support adaptation and implementation of WHO guidelines on reproductive health.
- Support national, regional training programmes in reproductive health for health personnel, scientists, researchers in consultation with WHO.
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Provision of reference substances and other services
- Training and education
3.1.1 - Countries enabled to further expand access to, and improve quality of, effective interventions for ending preventable maternal, perinatal and newborn deaths, from pre-pregnancy to postpartum, focusing on the 24-hour period around childbirth
3.1.3 - Countries enabled to implement and monitor effective interventions to cover unmet needs in sexual and reproductive health
3.1.6 - Research undertaken and research capacity strengthened for sexual and reproductive health, including in family planning, maternal and perinatal health, adolescent sexual and reproductive health, sexually transmitted infections, preventing unsafe abortion, infertility, sexual health, female genital mutilation, violence against women, and sexual and reproductive health in humanitarian settings
+41 22 791 3442
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork