Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health
Director / Head:
Dr Somkiat Siriruttanapruk
Bureau of Occupational and Environmental Diseases, Department of Disease Control
Ministry of Public Health
88/22 Tiwanond Road
(66-2) 590 4381
(66-2) 590 4388
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the regional strategy on occupational health and safety in SEAR region
- To promote the implementation of the global plan of action on workers’ health 2008 – 2017 by developing and implementing occupational health initiatives and partnerships.
- To develop the evidence base that would assist WHO member states to set priorities for sound management of industrial carcinogens.
- To provide guidance for the implementation of occupational health programmes including provision of Basic Occupational Health Services, the elimination of asbestos related diseases and the elimination of silicosis in Thailand.
- To assess the capacity development needs in the region and provide training and education activities in the field of occupational and environmental health.
- To share experience and research findings on Occupational Health and safety at Regional and Global Level.
- Occupational health
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
WHO organization wide expected result:
8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
ONYON Lesley Jayne
+41 22 79 13548
IVANOV Ivan Dimov
+41 22 79 15532
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork