Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Water Supply and Waste Disposal
Director / Head:
Dr Oleg V. Shipin
Urban Environmental and Management Program
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang
(66-2) 524 5632
(66-2) 524 5625
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To conduct basic and applied research on health and quality impacts of community water supply, waste disposal, and air quality-related intentions and actions.
- To work with WHO in providing technical support on issues related to water supply, sanitation and air quality in member countries.
- To assist WHO in developing training manuals and carry out training programmes in the field of water supply, waste disposal, and air quality.
- To organize meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences, and to disseminate technical information on relevant topics.
- Water & sanitation
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
WHO organization wide expected result:
5.2 - Norms and standards developed and capacity built to enable Member States to provide timely response to disasters associated with natural hazards and conflict-related crises.
+41 22 79 13555
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork