Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Primary Oral Health Care, Planning and Research
Director / Head:
Dr Emeria Mugonzibwa
School of Dentistry
Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences
P.O. Box 65014
Dar Es Salaam
UNITED REP. TANZANIA
(255-22) 215 0564
(255-22) 215 0465
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- >To stimulate & assist other countries in the Region in planning & implementing of Oral Health Research.
- >To promote the implementation of Primary Oral Health Care in the Afro Region
- > To conduct research on opportunities and barriers for implementing Primary Oral Health care in the Afro Region
- To provide expertise to WHO/HQ, WHO/AFRO & other countries in Primary Oral Health Care methods & technology especially applicable in developing countries.
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
PETERSEN Poul Erik
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork