Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for e-Health
Director / Head:
Dr Antoine Geissbuhler
Department d imagerie et de Sciences de l'Information medical
Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève
Rue Micheli-du-Crest 24
+41-22 372 62 01
+41 22 372 62 55
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Deploy telemedicine and eHealth activities, in particular at the level of district hospitals, including continuing education of care professionals, remote support through tele-consultations and expert advice.
- Enable the convergence of eHealth activites related to patient care with those related to public health, by sharing technical infrastructure, technical support, and through common efforts to develop competencies in eHealth.
- Develop training material optimized for isolated care professionals, in priority domains such as reproductive health, patient safety, communicable diseases, chronic diseases, etc...
- Deploy and evaluate innovative tools for improving clinical decision-making capabilities of care professionals in decentralized settings, including, for example, ultrasonography with remote expert support, computerîzed clinical decision-support tools, and electronic medical record systems.
- Expand the activities of the RAFT network, currently mostly in French-speaking Africa, to English and Arabic.
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Informatics and Telemedicine
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
- Development and application of appropriate technology
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.7 - Knowledge management and eHealth policies and strategies developed and implemented in order to strengthen health systems.
AL SHORBAJI Najeeb Mohamed
+41 22 79 11664
You can also contact:
- DZENOWAGIS Joan Helen
LOYOLA ELIZONDO Enrique Gerardo
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork