Title of the centre:
Centre collaborateur de l'OMS pour la Recherche et la Formation en Santé mentale
Director / Head:
Pr Benedetto SARACENO
Unité de Recherche clinique et sociologique, Département de Psychiatrie
Université de Genève
Rue du Grand – Pré 70 C
(41-22) 372 5560
(41-22) 372 5770
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Provide technical contribution and support to WHO research, training and technical tools development activities in the areas of mental health, clinical psychopharmacology and substance abuse.
- Collect, compile and disseminate in collaboration with WHO information on mental health and substance abuse.
- Plan, organize and implement education and training activities in the area of mental health and substance abuse in accordance with WHO strategies and action plans.
- Mental health & neurosciences
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 6.4 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with alcohol, drugs and other psychoactive substance use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
POZNYAK Vladimir B.
+41 22 791 4307
MOLLER Lars Fodgaard
+45 45 33 67 80
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork