Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Substance Abuse Research, Prevention and Documentation
Director / Head:
Ms Ruth Abderhalden
Addiction Info Switzerland
Avenue Ruchonnet, 14 P.O. Box 870
(41-21) 321 2911
(41-21) 321 2940
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Under guidance from WHO to participate in the development of new methodologies for the estimation of the Global Burden of Disease due to alcohol.
- To support WHO in their work on alcohol and illicit drugs prevention and guidance for Member States
- To support WHO activities on drafting publications using the Global Information System for Alcohol and Health
- To support WHO/EURO in the work on social and cultural aspects of drinking and drug
- To support WHO in their work on alcohol and drugs at the work place.
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 6.4 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with alcohol, drugs and other psychoactive substance use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
MOLLER Lars Fodgaard
+45 45 33 67 80
POZNYAK Vladimir B.
+41 22 79 14307
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork