Title of the centre:
Centre collaborateur de l'OMS pour la Psychiatrie de la Personne âgée
Director / Head:
Prof. Armin Von Gunten
Service Universitaire de Psychiatrie de l'Age Avancé (SUPAA)
Route du Mont, Prilly
(41-21) 643 62 67
(41-21) 643 62 38
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support WHO in providing expertise for the management of caregiver burden in dementia and develop innovative psychosocial programmes for dementia care.
- Contribute to the WHO to provide expertise for long-term care for the elderly with mental health disorders
- Organize a training programme in old age psychiatry in low income countries to support the WHO Mental Health GAP programme.
- Provide technical assistance to the WHO Department of Mental Health and Substance Use for the Revision of the Mental Health Chapter in the ICD 11, primarily for providing an old age perspective in the various disorders and a new classification system for the Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia (BPSD).
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 791 3059
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork