Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Vaccine Immunology
Director / Head:
Prof. Claire-Anne Siegrist
Département de Pédiatrie et de Pathologie, Centre médical universitaire, Faculté de Médecine
Université de Genève
1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva 4 -
(41-22) 702 50 01
(41-22) 702 50 02
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To support WHO in vaccine immunology-related advisory activities and by request of WHO provide advisory functions to international and national technical advisory boards, with a special focus on vaccine schedules and vulnerable populations - including in early life.
- To participate in collaborative operational research aimed at the identification of the optimal use of vaccines for vulnerable populations - including in early life and upon WHO request.
- As per WHO request, maintain a laboratory platform enabling the determination of B and T-cell vaccine responses elicited by alternate vaccine schedules or formulations and/or in vulnerable populations (including influenza) - including in early life.
- To contribute to WHO's efforts in strengthening post-graduate and continuous training in the field of vaccine immunology.
- Child & maternal health
Types of activity:
- Provision of reference substances and other services
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
Ower: 1.1 - Policy and technical support provided to Member States in order to maximize equitable access of all people to vaccines of assured quality, including new immunization product and technologies, and to integrate other essential child-health interventions with immunization.
+45 45 33 66 35
You can also contact:
- MOSINA Liudmila
+41 22 791 2816
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork