Title of the centre:
Centre Collaborateur de l'OMS pour la Recherche Historique en Santé Publique
Director / Head:
Prof. Bernardino Fantini
Institut d'Histoire de la Médecine et de la Santé
Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève
C.M.U. Case postale
(41-22) 379 57 90
(41-22) 379 57 92
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- a) International Network on Pathocoenosis and Health Transitions (Geneva and Paris).
b) Coordination of an international network of collaborators to study the impact on health through history of the introduction of new agricultural techniques and productions.
c) International network on the historical, philosophical and ethical issues of rare diseases in collaboration with the I.C.O.R.D.
- Promote and encourage the participation of researchers and historians from developed and developing countries in the history of medicine, with the WHO historical collections locally available for their research
- Organization of symposiums on the history of medicine and health in relation to issues that are of concern to the WHO
- Integration of the WHO historical collections and the collection of epidemiological reports in our library at the University of Geneva in order to highlight and render accessible these collections.
- Research projects in the area of the history of medicine and health directly connected with the history of the WHO.
a) Pathocoenosis, Epidemiological transition.
b) Health as a human right.
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
Ower: 10.7 - Knowledge management and eHealth policies and strategies developed and implemented in order to strengthen health systems.
ROBERTS Ian Francis
+41 22 79 12074
+45 45 33 68 50
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork