Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre in Education and Research in Human Reproduction
Director / Head:
Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research (GFMER)
48 chemin du Grand-Montfleury, Versoix
(41-22) 346 77 16
(41-22) 346 78 34
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To provide a postgraduate training in research methodology in Reproductive Health.
- 2. To develop & conduct research & reseach synthesis activities.
- 3. To assist partner institutions in the conduct of postgraduate medical education programmes.
- 4. To collaborate with WHO on e-learning activities as well as on the conduct of short postgraduate courses in epidemiology.
- 5. To provide expertise to WHO or to centres of WHO's network requesting collaboration in research, research training or clinical aspects in human reproduction.
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
- Adolescent health
- Child & maternal health
Types of activity:
- Training and education
Ower: 4.2 - National research capacity strengthened as necessary and new evidence, products, technologies, interventions and delivery approaches of global and/or national relevance available to improve maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, to promote active and healthy ageing, and to improve sexual and reproductive health.
Ower: 10.6 - National health research for development of health systems strengthened in the context of regional and international research and engagement of civil society.
+41 22 791 4816
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork