Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research in the Field of Education and Long-Term Follow-up Strategies for Chronic Diseases
Director / Head:
Prof Alain GOLAY
Division of Therapeutic Education for Chronic Diseases
Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève
4, rue Gabrielle-Perret-Gentil
(41-22) 372 9726
(41-22) 372 9715
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate with WHO to develop and implement methods and techniques of patient education for the medical team that manages people with diabetes, other priority chronic diseases and their risk factors.
- Collaborate with WHO in the training of health personnel engaged in the management of diabetes and other chronic diseases that share the same risk factors.
- Health promotion & education
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
- Training and education
2.1.1 - Development of national multisectoral policies and plans for implementing interventions to prevent and control noncommunicable diseases facilitated
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 791 4306
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork