Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Gonorrhoea and other sexually transmitted infections
Director / Head:
Professor Magnus UNEMO
National Reference Laboratory for Pathogenic Neisseria, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Microbiology
Örebro University Hospital
Södra Grev Rosengatan 2
+46 19 602 1134
+46 19 127 416
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To support WHO in its work against sexually transmitted infections, by assisting in laboratory issues, training and research.
- To monitor antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in N. gonorrhoeae and treatment of gonorrhoea, and provide WHO with advices and research in this field.
- To enhance the surveillance of AMR in N. gonorrhoeae in the European Region.
- To maintain an up-to-date WHO reference panel of N. gonorrhoeae.
- Sexually transmitted diseases (excluding HIV/AIDS)
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
3.1.3 - Countries enabled to implement and monitor effective interventions to cover the unmet needs in sexual and reproductive health and to reduce adolescent risk behaviour
3.1.4 - Research undertaken, and evidence generated and synthesized to design key interventions in reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, and other conditions and issues linked to it
BROUTET Nathalie Jeanne Nicole
+45 45 33 67 37
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork