Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research, Methods Development and Training in Suicide Prevention
Director / Head:
Professor Danuta Wasserman
Dr Vladimir Carli
National Swedish & Stockholm Centre for Suicide Research & Prevention of Mental Ill-Health (NASP)
Granits vägen 4
+46 8 5248 6937
+46 8 755 7627
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Research on suicide & prevention of mental ill-health.
- 2. Development & evaluation of new methods of suicide prevention.
- 3. Epidemiological monitoring.
- 4. Educational activities in suicidology & suicide prevention.
- 5. Information to professionals, politicians, administration & the public.
- 6. Creation of suicide prevention networks.
- 7. Examples of best practice in the field of prevention of suicide and mental ill-health
- Event organiser for WHO conferences
National and International expert advisor on the prevention of mental ill health and suicide, and suicidology
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Providing technical advise to WHO
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
+41 22 791 3444
MUIJEN Matthijs Frederik
+45 45 33 67 84
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork