Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research, Methods Development and Training in Suicide Prevention
Director / Head:
Professor Danuta Wasserman
Dr Vladimir Carli
National Swedish & Stockholm Centre for Suicide Research & Prevention of Mental Ill-Health (NASP)
Granits vägen 4
+46 8 5248 6937
+46 8 755 7627
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Research on suicide & prevention of mental ill-health.
- 2. Development & evaluation of new methods of suicide prevention.
- 3. Epidemiological monitoring.
- 4. Educational activities in suicidology & suicide prevention.
- 5. Information to professionals, politicians, administration & the public.
- 6. Creation of suicide prevention networks.
- 7. Examples of best practice in the field of prevention of suicide and mental ill-health.
- 8. Event organizer for WHO conferences National and International expert adviser on the prevention of mental ill health and suicide, and suicidology.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Providing technical advise to WHO
2.2.1 - Countries’ capacity strengthened to develop and implement national policies, plans and information systems in line with the comprehensive mental health action plan 2013–2020
2.2.2 - Countries with technical capacity to develop integrated mental health services across the continuum of promotion, prevention, treatment and recovery
+41 22 791 3444
MUIJEN Matthijs Frederik
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork