Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Community Safety Promotion
Director / Head:
Professor Leif Svanstrom
Dr Moa Sundström
Division of Social Medicine, Department of Public Health Sciences
Norrbacka Plan 2
(46-8) 524 801 43
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support to WHO in promoting evidence based programming through the Safe Community Network.
- Support the WHO in the coordination of training courses in injury prevention and safety promotion, e.g. short-term educational seminars and workshops to disseminate research findings to SC practitioners.
- Support WHO in dissemination of news and products to the Safe Community Network,
- To use indicators for Safe Communities,Safe Schools, Safe Hospitals, Safe Elderly designations etc.
- To co-ordinate and conduct evaluation research related to safe community programming
- Health promotion & education
- Patient safety
Types of activity:
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+45 39 17 13 26
KRUG Etienne G.G.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork