Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Education, Training and Research in Oral health
Director / Head:
Dr Jayanthi STJERNSWÄRD
Faculty of Odontology
Carl Gustavs Väg 34
(46-40) 665 8540
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1.To continue presenting standardized epidemiological information on oral and dental diseases, oral health services & other relevant information for the different countries/areas in the world, in the Internet (http://www.mah.se/capp).
- 2.To provide online services on the calculation of epidemiological measures, such as the DMFT, assist WHO ORH in recommendation of suitable methodologies & definitions that will facilitate the initiation and implementation of oral health surveys.
- 3.To provide expertise in the planning, carrying through, and evaluation of oral disease prevention programmes using relevant methodologies. Continuous building up of a bank of ideas which presents different types of oral disease prevention programmes from the different Regions.
- Oral health
- Informatics and Telemedicine
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
Types of activity:
- Provision of reference substances and other services
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 791 5079
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork