Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Human Resources for Health Capacity Building and Public Health
Director / Head:
Vice Dean Sakari Suominen
Nordic School of Public Health
Nya Varvet P.O. Box 12133, S-40242
+46(0)31 69 39 00
(46-31) 691 777
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To contribute to the development of innovative approaches for building capacity in public health and health management..
- 2. To conduct research and provide technical advice on migration, with particular focus on health worker migration.
- 3. To support WHO efforts to strengthen health workforce capacity at national and regional levels, using and disseminating HRH tools for decision making, adopting best practice approaches.
- 4. To conduct and facilitate research in health workforce management and its impact on health system performance and population health.
- 5. To facilitate professional exchange programs in the thematic area, and create training opportunities in health workforce research, consultancy and faculty training.
- 6. To coordinate and administer European CC network in HRH
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
- Health systems research & development
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.2 - National capacities for governance and leadership improved through evidence-based policy dialogue, institutional capacity-building for policy analysis and development, strategy-based health system performance assessment, greater transparency and accountability for performance, and more effective intersectoral collaboration.
10.4 - Country health-information systems that provide and use high-quality and timely information for health planning and for monitoring progress towards national and major international goals strengthened.
+45 45 33 68 09
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork