Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Quality Management in Transfusion Medicine
Director / Head:
Dr Primoz Rozman
Unit for Quality Management
Blood Transfusion Centre of Slovenia
Slajmerjeva 6 - 1000
(386-1) 5438 100
(386-1) 2302 224
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO in promoting recomended policies & priorities in the field of quality management in transfusion medicine.
- To organize educational activities of quality management in transfusion medicine (workshops, meetings, conferences) for different groups (directors of blood establishments, policy makers, quality managers, blood service staff & others).
- Blood Transfusion Safety and Blood Products
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
Ower: 11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
TELLO Juan Eduardo
+41 22 791 2607
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork