Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Quality Management in Transfusion Medicine
Director / Head:
Dr Primoz Rozman
Unit for Quality Management
Blood Transfusion Centre of Slovenia
Slajmerjeva 6 - 1000
(386-1) 5438 100
(386-1) 2302 224
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To promote WHO policies & priorities in the field of quality management in transfusion medicine.
- To organize educational activities of quality management in transfusion medicine (workshops, meetings, conferences) for different groups (directors of blood establishments, policy makers, quality managers, blood service staff & others).
- Blood Transfusion Safety and Blood Products
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
WHO organization wide expected result:
11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork