Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Reproductive Health
Director / Head:
Professor Adolf LUKANOVIC
Doctor Mojca PIRC
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
University of Medical Centre Ljubljana
(386-1) 522 6200
(386-1) 522 6130
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To continue to carry out research activities of national relevance in the areas of women’s reproductive health (fertility, infertility, menopause), genetics, male reproductive health.
- To act as a resource centre for the development of national guidelines for reproductive health, based on research results carried out in the Centre or elsewhere, and provide advice on relevant adaptation methods and technologies in accordance with the legal context of the country.
- To collaborate in multicentre clinical trials designed to assess the safety, effectiveness and acceptability of existing and new fertility regulating agents with the framework of the WHO Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction, Department of Reproductive Health and Research.
- To advocate WHO strategic documents and carry out training courses and continuing education activities for physicians, nurses and other health professionals on sexual and reproductive health issues.
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
4.2 - National research capacity strengthened as necessary and new evidence, products, technologies, interventions and delivery approaches of global and/or national relevance available to improve maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, to promote active and healthy ageing, and to improve sexual and reproductive health.
4.7 - Guidelines, approaches and tools made available, with provision of technical support to Member States for accelerated action towards implementing the strategy to accelerate progress towards the attainment of international development goals and targets related to reproductive health, with particular emphasis on ensuring equitable access to good-quality sexual and reproductive health services, particularly in areas of unmet need, and with respect for human rights as they relate to sexual and reproductive health.
+45 45 33 67 60
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork