Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Primary Health Care Nursing
Director / Head:
Nursing Health Centre
Health Centre Dr Adolfa Drolca Maribor
Ulica talcev 9
++386 2 22 86 455
++386 2 22 86 445
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To support WHO in enhancement of the role of nurses in public health, health promotion and community development.
- Continue to support WHO in capacity building in the area of evidenced based nursing practice.
- To support WHO's goal in seeking opportunities to establish and support family-focused community nursing programmes and services.
- To support WHO's goal of integration of health care and changing health needs.
- Health promotion & education
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 791 4314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork