Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine
Director / Head:
Mofida Yousif Elkhalifa
Traditional Medicine Research Institute (TMRI)
National Centre for Research
Alamart 15th Streat Extention, National Center for Research
P. O. Box 2404
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To promote research & development of traditional medicine systems in Sudan & the countries of the region with a view to further their use within the framework of national health systems.
- 2. To promote studies of herbal remedies used by traditional practitioners in Sudan & the countries of the Region, in their ethno-botanical, medical-anthropological, experimental, pharmacological & chemical & clinical aspects.
- 3. To collect, document, analyse & disseminate information relating to traditional medicine systems.
- 4. To participate with other WHO Collaborating Centres for Traditional Medicine in joint studies aimed at evaluation of national traditional medicine systems.
- 5. To report annually on activities undertaken by the centre with respect to the objectives and achievements of investigations carried out by the Centre.
- 6. To perform consultant services, in areas of competence of the centre, at the request of WHO & other institutions in the countries of the Region.
- Traditional medicine
Types of activity:
Ower: 10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
Ower: 10.2 - National capacities for governance and leadership improved through evidence-based policy dialogue, institutional capacity-building for policy analysis and development, strategy-based health system performance assessment, greater transparency and accountability for performance, and more effective intersectoral collaboration.
BIN SHAHNA Mohamed Ahmed
+41 22 791 3698
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork