Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Education Development for Health Professions
Director / Head:
Professor Samir Shaheen
Education Development Centre for the Health professions, Faculty of Medicine
University of Khartoum
Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum,PO Box 102 -
(249) 1 83 778570 / 249912376929
(249) 83 778570
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Faculty development & training of the trainers in institutions of health professions education at different levels.
- 2. Support of Primary Health programmes by organizing short term courses in collaboration with different programmes according to their identified needs.
- 3. Provide technical support for training institutes of paramedical staff in designing & reform their curricula & instruction & training methods.
- 4. Support & guide training institutions in curriculum development & institutional self-evaluation.
- 5. Promotion of innovative approaches in health professions education with emphasis on evidence based medicine & communication skills.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
MAGZOUB Mohi ElDin
+202 227 65605
+41 22 79 14403
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork