Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Training and Research in Occupational Health
Director / Head:
Ms Kantha Lankatilake
Professor Rohini Seneviratne
Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine
University of Colombo
25 Kynsey Road
+9411 2695300, 2677765
+9411 2677765, 2691581
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to the development of human resources for addressing Workers’ Health through training and capacity building activities.
- To participate in WHO’s multi-centre projects on integration of Occupational Health in Primary Health Care.
- To support WHO’s research agenda for promoting Basic Occupational Health Services.
- To collaborate with WHO in the implementation of the Global Plan of Action on Workers’ Health.
- Occupational health
- Research policy & development
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
3.5.1 - Countries enabled to assess health risks and develop and implement policies, strategies or regulations for the prevention, mitigation and management of the health impacts of environmental and occupational risks
Ower: 8.5 - Health-sector leadership enhanced for creating a healthier environment and changing policies in all sectors so as to tackle the root causes of environmental threats to health, through means such as responding to emerging and re-emerging consequences of development on environmental health and altered patterns of consumption and production and to the damaging effect of evolving technologies.
ONYON Lesley Jayne
IVANOV Ivan Dimov
+41 22 791 5532
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork