Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Mental Health Services Research and Training
Director / Head:
Prof. Jose Luis Ayuso-Mateos
Departamento de Psiquiatría, Facultad de Medicina
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
C/ Arzobispo Morcillo 4
34 91 4972716
34 91 497 43 89
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To work with WHO on the implementation of the Mental Health Gap Action Programme (mhGAP) to scale up countries’ services for mental, neurological, and substance use disorders and conduct evaluation and research on theses activities
- To work with WHO on the development and implementation of the Mental and Behavioural Disorders chapter of ICD-11.
- To collaborate with WHO on the collection, collation and dissemination of information. In particular, data collection from population surveys that can be used to generate evidence-based policy in mental health.
- Mental health & neurosciences
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
Ower: 3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 791 3625
MUIJEN Matthijs Frederik
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork