Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Social Inclusion and Health.
Director / Head:
Dr Daniel La Parra Casado
Interuniversity Institute of Social Development and Peace - Instituto Interuniversitario de Desarrollo Social y Paz
University of Alicante- Universidad de Alicante
Carretera San Vicente del Raspeig s/n - 03690 San Vicente del Raspeig
96 590 3795
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate with WHO on the documentation of promising practices and the production of normative guidance materials/tools for improving the health of populations experiencing poverty and social exclusion, with a specific focus on Roma and migrants and due attention to gender equity.
- To contribute with WHO to information exchange and awareness-raising among stakeholders, using electronic/web-based platforms, to improve the health of socially excluded populations.
- Coorganize with WHO capacity-building activities for health policymakers and programme managers, as well as other stakeholders, on approaches to improve the health of populations experiencing social exclusion and poverty.
- Infection control
- Child & maternal health
- Gender; Women & health
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 7.2 - Initiative taken by WHO in providing opportunities and means for intersectoral collaboration at national and international levels to address social and economic determinants of health, including understanding and acting upon the public health implications of trade and trade agreements, and to encourage poverty-reduction and sustainable development.
Ower: 7.5 - Gender analysis and responsive actions incorporated into WHO's normative work and support provided to Member States for formulation of gendersensitive policies and programmes
+45 45 33 68 04
SIVASANKARA KURUP Anand
+41 22 79 11217
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork