Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Donation and Transplantation
Director / Head:
Dr Rafael Matesanz
Organizacion Nacional de Trasplantes (ONT)
C/Sinesio Delgado 6-8, Pabellon 3
+34 902 300 224
+34 902 300 226
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To maintain and improve, in collaboration with WHO, the Global Observatory on Donation and Transplantation (GODT) website, enabling data collection, analysis, communication and dissemination of data and information.
- To provide advice and technical support to WHO and Member States on technical issues.
- To contribute to a common global attitude to transplantation.
- Organ transplantation
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
NUÑEZ PEÑA José Ramon
+41 22 791 2184
TELLO Juan Eduardo
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork