Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Donation and Transplantation
Director / Head:
Dr Rafael Matesanz
Dr Beatriz Mahillo
Organizacion Nacional de Trasplantes (ONT)
C/Sinesio Delgado 6-8, Pabellon 3
+34 902 300 224
+34 902 300 226
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To maintain and improve, in collaboration with WHO, the Global Observatory on Donation and Transplantation website, enabling data collection, analysis, communication and dissemination of data and information
- To provide international and national training on donation and transplantation of organs, tissues and cells.
- To work with WHO in the organization of meetings focused on specific technical/organizational aspects of cells, tissues and organ donation and transplantation and its oversight.
- To provide advice and technical support to WHO and Member States on technical issues.
- To contribute to a common global attitude to transplantation, through the organization and participation in global, regional and country consultations.
- Organ transplantation
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
WHO organization wide expected result:
11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
NOEL Luc P.J.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork