Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Donation and Transplantation
Director / Head:
Dr Rafael Matesanz
Dr Beatriz Mahillo
Organizacion Nacional de Trasplantes (ONT)
C/Sinesio Delgado 6-8, Pabellon 3
+34 902 300 224
+34 902 300 226
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To maintain and improve, in collaboration with WHO, the Global Observatory on Donation and Transplantation website, enabling data collection, analysis, communication and dissemination of data and information
- To provide international and national training on donation and transplantation of organs, tissues and cells.
- To work with WHO in the organization of meetings focused on specific technical/organizational aspects of cells, tissues and organ donation and transplantation and its oversight.
- To provide advice and technical support to WHO and Member States on technical issues.
- To contribute to a common global attitude to transplantation, through the organization and participation in global, regional and country consultations.
- Organ transplantation
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
NOEL Luc P.J.
+45 45 33 66 87
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork