Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Public Health Palliative Care Programmes
Director / Head:
Dr. Xavier Gomez-Batiste
Department of Palliative Care, Catalan Institute of Oncology
Institut Catala D'oncologia, Departament De Salut
Gran Via de l'Hospitalet 199-203
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- On specific WHO request, needs, gaps assessment and country support regarding integrated people-centred palliative care in the context of Universal Health Coverage.
- Education, development of training material
- Research and development: to identify and develop areas of innovation on models of people-centred palliative care programmes; to carry out research on the effectiveness, impact and adaptability of such models.
- Develop models of psychosocial and spiritual palliative care
- Health systems research & development
- Health promotion & education
- Patient safety
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 791 1432
FARRINGTON Jill Louise
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork