Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health
Director / Head:
Dr Lucia Artazcoz
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health
Barcelona Public Health Agency
Placa Lesseps, 1 - E-08023
(34-93) 238 45 65
(34-93) 238 45 58
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate with WHO in the field of occupational health & occupational medicine.
- To contribute to the WHO activities in: a) assessment & management of work-related stress, psycho-social risks & work-related gender inequalities in health; b) developing national & regional occupational health strategies, policies, action plans & programmes; c) modernizing the organization & methods of work of occupational health services.
- To provide technical support to regional & national authorities in the area of occupational health as requested by WHO.
- To participate in the work of the Network of WHO Collaborating Centres according to the agreed workplan.
- To assist WHO, national & regional authorities in implementing the Global Plan of Action on Workers' Health 2008-2017 (WHA60.26)
- Occupational health
- Health promotion & education
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Provision of reference substances and other services
Ower: 8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
Ower: 8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
Ower: 8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
+49 228 815 0431
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 79 13531
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork