Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Quality Assurance of Medicines
Director / Head:
Dr Marius Brits
Centre for Quality Assurance of Medicines (CENQAM), School of Pharmacy
North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus)
Private Bag X6001
(+27-18) 299 2323 / +27 82 5579599
(+27-18) 299 2291
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Develop and validate analytical test methods for the quality screening of medicines.
- Quality control & assurance of medicines.
- Training of regulatory officials & quality control laboratory personnel.
- Support member states in the establishment & management of quality control laboratories.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Standardization of terminology and nomenclature
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
NIKIEMA Jean Baptiste
+41 22 791 3636
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork