Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Human Resource for Health Development
Director / Head:
Prof. Uta LEHMANN
School of Public Health
University of Western Cape
Modderdam Road Private Bag X17, - 7535
(27-21) 959 2809
(27-21) 959 2872
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Contribute to building of research capacity of HR practitioners in African Ministries of Health through training courses at UWC .
- Contribute to developing and making available advanced training materials in areas of HRH.
- Contribute to the strengthening development of HRH knowledge networks in Africa through the HRH electronic resource centre
- Participate in the networks related to Health Workforce Development in the Region.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
- Health systems research & development
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
4 724 139 236
+41 22 79 12886
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork