Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Secondary Standard Radiation Dosimetry
Director / Head:
Dr James Lee
Dr Lee James
Department of Radiation Oncology
National Cancer Centre Singapore
11 Hospital Drive
(65) 6436 8061
(65) 6222 8675
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To maintain secondary standard instruments in adequate agreement with the International Measurement System, including periodic recalibration in accordance with the procedures of the IAEA/WHO network.
- 2. To perform calibration of appropriate radiation measurement equipment to an accuracy specified by the IAEA/WHO network, & issue calibration certificates with all necessary information.
- 3. To participate in measurement comparisons with the IAEA/WHO network & with other participating laboratories.
- 4. To organize dose comparison services for the country or region.
- 5. To cooperate with the IAEA/WHO network & with other metrological laboratories in exchange of information & improvement of measurement instruments & techniques as necessary.
- 6. To document all procedures & calibrations in a manner specified by the IAEA/WHO network & preserve all records for a time specified by the network.
- 7. To keep informed on progress in radiation measurement so as to improve calibration techniques in order to meet the needs of the users of radiation.
- 8. To provide training in techniques of radiation measurement, calibration & quality assurance in radiotherapy for personnel involved in radiotherapy services in Singapore & neighbouring countries.
9. To promote & implement quality assurance methodology in radiotherapy in Singapore & neighbouring countries.
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
Ower: 10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
POSTMA Sjieuwke Eelco Jozef
+63 2 5289806
VAN LERBERGHE Willem J.G.M.
+41 22 79 13216
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork