Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Bioethics
Director / Head:
Professor Alastair Campbell
Assistant Professor Calvin Ho
Centre for Biomedical Ethics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
National University of Singapore
Clinical Research Centre, Block MD 11, #02-01, 10 Medical Drive
(+65) 6516 7201
(+65) 6778 9527
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To collaborate with WHO in training and capacity building activities in bioethics, particularly in East and South Asia.
- 2. To participate in WHO consultations and the preparation and review of relevant documents on emerging issues in bioethics, especially those arising from the Collaboration Areas (as described in the Workplan).
- 3. To collaborate in WHO research projects on the Collaboration Areas (as described in the Workplan) in the field of bioethical and public health ethics.
- 4. To contribute to networking with other collaborating centres, institutional partners, and experts.
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 7.4 - Ethics- and human rights-based approaches to health promoted within WHO and at national and global levels.
REIS Andreas Alois
+41 22 791 3932
+63 2 5289048
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork