Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Safe Management of Drinking-water and Integrated Urban Water Management
Director / Head:
Mr Harry SEAH
Technology and Water Quality Office
PUB Singapore, 40 Scotts Road #22-01 Environment Building
(65) 6326 2950
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate with WHO in conducting capacity building activities and training courses for Member States, with special reference to the South East Asia and Western Pacific regions of WHO.
- To serve as regional knowledge and technical resource centre for authorities, utilities, and research and professional institutions in WHO Member States, sharing best practice, expertise and experience.
- To function as an active partner in supporting WHO global and regional networks related to safe management of drinking-water and urban water management.
- To serve as WHO's regional policy research hub on relevant issues such as regulatory issues, water industry structure and water pricing.
- To collaborate with WHO in research on conventional and advanced water and wastewater treatment applications and their cost-effectiveness, and collaborate with WHO on research and knowledge gaps on emerging issues related to water quality
- To provide the facilities in Singapore to assist in WHO drinking-water safety efforts during emergency response and disasters
- Water & sanitation
- Healthy Cities
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
Ower: 8.6 - Evidence-based policies, strategies and recommendations developed, and technical support provided to Member States for identifying, preventing and tackling public health problems resulting from climate change.
DE FRANCE Jennifer
+41 22 791 1540
HASSAN Mohd Nasir
+63 2 5289886
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork