Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research of Arbovirus and their Associated Vectors
Director / Head:
Dr Ng Lee Ching
Environmental Health Institute
National Environment Agency
11 Biopolis Way, #06-05/08 Helios Block
(65) 6771 9108
(65) 6777 8029
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Collaborate with WHO to strengthen the capacity of entomology and virus surveillance among member states in support of the development of a collaborative regional and global network of national dengue surveillance systems- in harmony with the the Bi-regional Dengue Plan.
- 2. Collaborate with WHO to provide training and promote sharing of best practices among Member States to enhance regional and global surveillance and control.
- 3. Collaborate with WHO to provide testing protocols, reference biological materials, tertiary referral and proficiency test services for national laboratories diagnosing Arboviral diseases (e.g. dengue and chikungunya) to enhance quality of surveillance and disease diagnostics globally.
- 4. Collaborate with WHO to share knowledge and expertise in outbreak preparedness and response to Arbovirus infection.
- 5. Collaborate with WHO Member States in operational research (e.g. tool development and testing) on Arboviral infection - in harmony with the Regional Research plan.
- Vector biology & control
- Health systems research & development
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
Ower: 1.5 - New knowledge, intervention tools and strategies that meet priority needs for the prevention and control of communicable diseases developed and validated, with scientists from developing countries increasingly taking the lead in this research.
+63 2 5289723
+41 22 79 11868
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork