Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Director / Head:
Dr CHEW LING
Mr alan Pui
Health Promotion Board (HPB)
3 Second Hospital Avenue, - 168937
(65) 6435 3556
(65) 6536 8656
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate with WHO to strengthen the capacity of health promotion practitioners in the Region to plan, implement & evaluate health promotion interventions in support of WHO's Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity & Health.
- To collaborate with WHO to strengthen setting-based approaches & develop best practices to promote the health & well-being of schoolchildren, youths, adult & older persons.
- To develop & offer training programmes in Workplace Health Promotion to strengthen capacity & also to create opportunities for the exchange of experiences among member countries.
- To collaborate with WHO in the collection, collition & dissemination of publications on Best Practices on Health Promoting Schools & Workplace Health Promotion & linking the publications to the existing WHO website
- To share with the Region the determinants of health & evidence-based strategies of HPB's health promotion programmes, (eg: smoking, obesity & mental health).
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
+63 2 5289860
+41 22 79 13299
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork