Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Transfusion Medicine
Director / Head:
Dr Ai Leen Ang
Blood Services Group
Health Sciences Authority
11 Outram Road
(65) 6213 0600
(65) 6223 8682
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1.To assist in the development of well-organised and sustainable national blood programmes based on voluntary non-remunerated blood donation.
- 2. To conduct research on upgrading technologies and processes for blood supply safety and availability.
- 3. To assist in developing effective strategies to protect the blood supply against infectious agents and ensure secured blood supply during emergency and disasters.
- 4.To assist in capability development through the provision of training programmes in transfusion medicine.
- 5. To assist WHO Member States in implementing systems for safe clinical transfusion, rational use of blood and blood products and patient blood management.
- Blood Transfusion Safety and Blood Products
- Patient safety
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection and collation of information
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
4.3.1 - Countries enabled to develop or update, implement, monitor and evaluate national policies on better access to medicines and other health technologies; and to strengthen their evidence-based selection and rational use
4.2.1 - Equitable integrated, people-centred service delivery systems in place in countries and public health approaches strengthened
1.1.2 - Increased capacity of countries to deliver key hepatitis interventions through active engagement in policy dialogue, development of normative guidance and tools, dissemination of strategic information, and provision of technical support
+41 22 791 2607
GAMILLA Mary Ann
+63 2 52 89819
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork