Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Transfusion Medicine
Director / Head:
Dr Diana Teo
Blood Services Group
Health Sciences Authority
11 Outram Road
(65) 6213 0600
(65) 6223 8682
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1.To assist in the development of well-organised and sustainable national blood programmes based on voluntary non-remunerated blood donation.
- 2. To conduct research on upgrading technologies and processes for blood supply safety and availability.
- 3. To assist in developing effective strategies to protect the blood supply against infectious agents and ensure secured blood supply during emergency and disasters.
- 4.To assist in capability development through the provision of training programmes in transfusion medicine.
- 5. To assist WHO Member States in implementing systems for safe clinical transfusion, rational use of blood and blood products and patient blood management.
- Blood Transfusion Safety and Blood Products
- Patient safety
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
Ower: 2.3 - Global guidance and technical support provided on policies and programmes in order to promote equitable access to essential medicines, diagnostic tools and health technologies of assured quality for the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, and their rational use by prescribers and consumers, and, in order to ensure uninterrupted supplies of diagnostics, safe blood and blood products, injections and other essential health technologies and commodities.
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
+63 2 5289026
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork