Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on E-Health
Director / Head:
Dr Abdullah Al Sonbul
Dr Asaad Ali Rayes
Health Outreach and Business Affairs
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
MBC 80, P.O. Box 3354
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- - Organize Symposia (medical and non-medical) for nationals, regional and international audience on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, annual, etc).
- - Conduct workshops (medical and non-medical) for nationals and regional participants in different aspects of e-health and telemedicine applications on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, annual, etc)
- - The Centre will organize, arrange and execute training programs in collaborating with WHO in the Hub of Centre annually.
- - The Centre will establish telemedicine and ehealth networks for consultations in collaboration with WHO members.
- - The Centre will launch periodical awareness programs to enhance the use of electronic applications for healthcare provision.
- - The Centre will promote the usage of ehealth and telemedicine applications to all medical-allied workers in the regions.
- - The Centre will be a reserach Centre for the Telemedicine and ehealth applications.
- - The Centre will complete the already started eICU project within the Kingdom, will collaborate with WHO to give any technical and administrative consultations to any similar project in the region in the future.
- The Centre will give consultation for developing eHealth legislations with WHO for the regions.
- The Center will give consultation to develop standardized ehealth information data management in collaboration with WHO for any WHO members.
- Informatics and Telemedicine
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
Ower: 10.7 - Knowledge management and eHealth policies and strategies developed and implemented in order to strengthen health systems.
MOHAMED Hani Farouk Abdel Hai
+202 227 65062
ZANDI Diana Esmail
+41 22 791 2857
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork