Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Treatment & Rehabilitation of Accident Recovery Workers of Nuclear & Other Disasters
Director / Head:
Dr Sergei ALEKSANIN
All-Russian Center of Emergency & Radiation Medicine (ARCERM)
4/2 Academic Lebedev Str., letter A, premises 1H
7 (812) 541 85 65
7 (812) 541 88 05
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Technical support to WHO in radiological and nuclear emergency response.
- 2. Support to WHO activities on strengthening national and regional capacities for response to radiation emergencies.
- 3. Contribution to the WHO BioDoseNet activities.
- 4. Research activities to build the evidence base for medical countermeasures for radiation emergencies.
- Emergency & humanitarian action
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Outbreaks and emergencies
- Information dissemination
Ower: 5.1 - Norms and standards developed, capacity built and technical support provided to Member States for the development and strengthening of national emergency preparedness plans and programmes.
Ower: 5.6 - Effective communications issued, partnerships formed and coordination developed with other organizations in the United Nations system, governments, local and international nongovernmental organizations, academic institutions and professional associations at the country, regional and global levels.
+41 22 791 3483
BRAUBACH Matthias Franz Wilhelm
+49 228 815 0418
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork