Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Prevention of Hereditary Diseases
Director / Head:
Professor Aleksander Polyakov
National Research Centre for Medical Genetics, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences
Moskvorechie St. 1 - 115478
(7-499) 612 86 07
(7-499) 324 07 02
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide information and advice on priority areas of research and development in the new field of genetics and human genomics strengthening collaboration with other WHO Collaborating Centers and NGOs in official relationship with WHO.
- To assist WHO on genetics issues by prioritizing on the training of medical and laboratory geneticists on topics related diagnosis of hereditary diseases.
- To assist WHO in the implementation of new knowledge in advanced genomics concerning Mendelian disorders.
- Genetics & hereditary diseases
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Training and education
- Development and application of appropriate technology
4.2.1 - Policy options, tools and technical support to countries for equitable people-centred integrated service delivery and strengthening of public health approaches
4.2.3 - Guidelines, tools and technical support to countries for improved patient safety and quality of services, and for patient empowerment
+41 22 791 1432
CORBEX Marilys Anne
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork