Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Innovation in Education & Training of Oral Health Personnel
Director / Head:
prof. Edith Kouzmina
Department of Preventive Dentistry
Moscow State Medical and Dental University (MSMDU)
20/1 Delegatskaya Street
(7-499) 973 0219
(7-499) 973 0200
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO ORH in development of training programmes in dental public health and update of education curricula for oral health personnel in Russia and other Central and Eastern European countries
- To assist WHO in training of public health professionals to be involved with modern oral health promotion and integrated disease prevention in Central and Eastern Europe
- To analyze and present oral diseases prevalence tendencies among Russian population during 10-15 years and to assist WHO in usage of the new and updated “Oral Health Surveys – basic methods” (5th edition) in OHS in Russia and neighbour countries.
- To provide consultant assistance to WHO in its efforts strengthening oral health systems research for promoting oral health of different age groups.
- Oral health
- Health promotion & education
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
Ower: 6.2 - Guidance and support provided in order to strengthen national systems for surveillance of major risk factors through development and validation of frameworks, tools and operating procedures and their dissemination to Member States where a high or increasing burden of death and disability is attributable to these risk factors.
+41 22 791 1014
+45 45 33 67 72
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork