Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Diagnosis and Treatment of Radiation Sickness in Human Beings
Director / Head:
Prof. Andrei Bushmanov
Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center (FMBC), Clinical Department of Radiation Medicine
Federal Medical Biological Agency
Zhivopisnaya str., 46,
7 499 193 45 63
7 499 193 45 73
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Cooperation in the area of strengthening preparedness and response to radiation emergencies and REMPAN activities
- Research and development programs in radiobiology, radio-pathology, and radiation epidemiology
- Cooperation in the area of biodosimetry and BioDoseNet (cytogenetics and internal contamination monitoring)
- Education, training and knowledge dissemination in the area of radiation emergency medicine, and radiation epidemiology, and occupational safety.
- Emergency & humanitarian action
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
Types of activity:
- Outbreaks and emergencies
- Training and education
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
Ower: 5.5 - Support provided to Member States for strengthening national preparedness and for establishing alert and response mechanisms for food-safety and environmental health emergencies.
Ower: 5.6 - Effective communications issued, partnerships formed and coordination developed with other organizations in the United Nations system, governments, local and international nongovernmental organizations, academic institutions and professional associations at the country, regional and global levels.
Ower: 5.7 - Acute, ongoing and recovery operations implemented in a timely and effective manner.
+41 22 79 13483
+49 228 815 0421
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork