Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Radiation Emergency Medical Preparedness and Assistance
Director / Head:
Prof Alexander AKLEYEV
Urals Research Centre for Radiation Medicine (URCRM)
68-A, Vorovsky St. - 454076
(7-351) 2327 914
(7-351) 2327 913
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1.To contribute to radiation emergency preparedness activities of REMPAN network
- 2. To provide technical assistance in case of actual radiation emergencies
- 3. To cooperate in the area of radiation dosimetry, including contributing to WHO BioDoseNet activities (cytogenetics and internal contamination monitoring).
- 4. To cooperate in the area of low-dose radiation risk monitoring, assessment and management.
- 5. Regional capacity building through education and training in radiation medicine, radiobiology, and radioecology.
- Emergency & humanitarian action
- Occupational health
Types of activity:
- Outbreaks and emergencies
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
5.5 - Support provided to Member States for strengthening national preparedness and for establishing alert and response mechanisms for food-safety and environmental health emergencies.
+41 22 79 13483
+45 45 33 68 22
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork