Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Training and Research in Health Promotion and Health Education
Director / Head:
Dr. Hiram V. Arroyo
Department of Social Sciences, School of Public Health
School of Public Health, Medical Sciences Campus, University of Puerto Rico
PO BOX 365067, - Puerto Rico 009336-5067
Puerto Rico 009336-5067
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Develop regional capacity in the area of training of Human Resources in Health Promotion (HP) and Health Education (HE) in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Support the development of regional capacity and leadership in the areas of School Health Promotion (SHP) and Health Promoting Universities (HPU).
- Health promotion & education
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
WHO organization wide expected result:
6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
MORALES Sofia Leticia
+41 22 79 13299
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork