Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Center for Emergency Medicine and Trauma Care
Director / Head:
Dr Junaid Razzak
Dr Junaid Razzak
Department of Emergency Medicine, Aga Khan University
Aga Khan University Karachi Pakistan
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To carry out research in the area of emergency medicine and trauma care.
- To promote emergency medicine and trauma care programs in the EMRO region.
- To collaborate with WHO/EMRO on capacity development for the training of public health professionals on the principles of injury prevention & control.
- To collaborate with WHO/EMRO on capacity development for the training of emergency care providers on the principles of emergency trauma care.
- Injuries; violence & accident prevention
- Emergency & humanitarian action
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
Types of activity:
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Collection and collation of information
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
+202 227 65368
KRUG Etienne G.G.
+41 22 791 3535
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork