Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Training in Research and Educational Development of Health Personnel
Director / Head:
Dr Sirajul Haque Shaikh
Department of Medical Education
College of Physicians and Surgeons
7th Central Street, Defence Housing Authority, Phase II,
(92-21) 588 7111
(92-21) 589 3062
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO in providing technical assistance to the government in developing Human Resource for Health (HRH).
- To work with WHO for providing a National Forum for CME/CPD activities.
- To work with WHO for improving medical education in general and postgraduate medical and dental education in particular by designing and conducting capacity-building workshops and other activities for students, faculty and other health professionals.
- Research policy & development
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
GEDIK Fethiye Gulin
+41 22 791 2984
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork