Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Family of International Classifications
Director / Head:
Dr Lars Berg
Department of Classifications in Health Care
Norwegian Directorate of eHealth
Universitetsgaten 2, P.O. Box 7000 St. Olavs plass
+47 810 20 050
+47 24 16 30 16
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Assist WHO in the development, maintenance and revision of the Classifications, Terminologies and Standards (CTS) products, in particular the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF), the International Classification of Health Interventions (ICHI), and the International Classification of Traditional Medicine (ICTM), with their relevant terminological and ontological aspects.
- Support global work with active participation in implementation, education, update, revision, electronic tools, terminology, and other activities which assist WHO in the development, testing, implementation, use, improvement, updating and revision of the CTS products.
- Collaborate with local and regional users of classifications by networking, providing support for, and disseminating information about CTS products regarding the availability, suitability and applicability of the classifications for different purposes, in coordination with WHO.
- Promote the use of the CTS products through developing, formulating and sharing teaching materials, organizing and conducting local, regional and global training in coordination with WHO.
- Improve the level and quality of implementation of WHO classifications while supporting quality assurances procedures for CTS products in coordination with WHO
- Classifications of diseases
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
Types of activity:
- Standardization of terminology and nomenclature
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
Ower: 10.5 - Better knowledge and evidence for health decision-making assured through consolidation and publication of existing evidence, facilitation of knowledge generation in priority areas, and global leadership in health research policy and coordination, including with regard to ethical conduct.
KOSTANJSEK Nenad Friedrich Ivan
+41 22 791 3242
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork