Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Telemedicine
Director / Head:
Ms Tove SORENSEN
Norwegian Centre for Telemedicine (NST)
University of Hospital of North Norway
P.O. Box 35 - N-9038
(47-77) 75 40 98
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Country work
To provide telemedicine and e-health advice to WHO and its Member States to improve health system and citizens involvement in health promotion, prevention and service.
- Research and dissemination
To support WHO and its Member States in
a. identifying and developing an evidence base on the use of telemedicine and e-health for improving access to and quality of health service delivery, and enhancing performance of health service providers.
b. contributing to telemedicine and e-health knowledge generation, and dissemination, through the collection of publicly available information on the applications and impact of telemedicine and e-health.
- E-learning/human resources development
To facilitate and develop e-learning programs as means for health system capacity building.
- Health systems research & development
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
- Informatics and Telemedicine
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Provision of reference substances and other services
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.7 - Knowledge management and eHealth policies and strategies developed and implemented in order to strengthen health systems.
LOYOLA ELIZONDO Enrique Gerardo
+45 45 33 67 66
KAY Michael George
+41 22 79 11853
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork