Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Diagnostic Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Director / Head:
Prof Eik-Nes Sturla H.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology St. Olavs Hospital HF
National Center for Fetal Medicine, Trondheim University Hospital
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- .To work with WHO in the Collection, analysis and dissemination of clinical and scientific data on the use of diagnostic ultrasound in diagnosis and treatment of foetal abnormalities and in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- To contribute with WHO in the development and implementation of appropriate techniques and clinical procedures in obstetrics and gynaecology and in foetal medicine with special attention to their application in developing countries and their impact on quality of health care, in collaboration with the programme of Family and Community Health (FCH) of WHO/EURO, and other WHO Regional Offices.
- To assist WHO in the development and dissemination of information on the rational use of diagnostic ultrasound in obstetrics and gynaecology with special concern regarding appropriate use and possible overuse of ultrasound in pregnancy, in collaboration with the WHO/EURO Projects and other WHO Regional Offices.
- Child & maternal health
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
VELAZQUEZ BERUMEN Adriana
+41 22 791 1239
CABALES HANSEN Myra
+45 45 33 66 31
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork